Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a friend should be and how to organize your crap

A big thanks to Kari for starting this blog. What a great idea and way to keep in touch/get info/share stuff/praise each other on our fabulous friendship.



Does anyone have any great ideas/resources on storage for incoming mail, keys, papers, coupons, handouts, flyers, advertisements, etc.? I've seen a couple of organizer things at Pottery Barn. But talk about pricey! I have a very small organizer now, but with the kids starting school and dance and all the ads I'm saving and bills I'm collecting, I'm running out of space on my counter, on my microwave and tiny storage slots.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I could use a better system myself.

Currently we pile things that need to be filed on the small space between the fridge and the wall where it is not super noticeable. Then I take things upstairs and pile them again (paying bills in the process) then when the upstairs office pile gets too big I file/trash/shred everything.

Coupons I stick on my fridge until they expire (I don't use coupons much so I don't have a lot).

I put spelling lists or other homework things that are needed over the entire week on the fridge. Other homework we do after school and it goes back in the backpack. Special school projects go on the fridge for a little while and then either go in the garbage (sometimes we take pictures) or in the kids school files.

We did buy a little row of boxes for holding keys are garage door openers and wallets. It's from ikea and sits in our mudroom. One of these days I'll have a place for coats and shoes (other than the floor).

Lacey said...

I could also use some help with becoming better organized.

I feel like before kids I was a very well organized person. Now my life is one disorganized mess. Coupons go in the drawer until I find them...months later and expired. I'm not good at remembering what coupons I have. I have a pile by my phone of bills, notes/calendars from school, lunch menus, ect. At least here I seem to look through things regularly.--except for last month when I forgot to pay the power bill for some reason.

I feel like my whole house is this way...I need someone to come in organize the whoel thing for me.